Accessibility statement for Rotherfield Parish Council
This website is run by Rotherfield Parish Council. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
- find information contained in difficult to navigate tables within a text block or other accessible format on the same page
We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How accessible this website is:
We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible:
- you cannot modify the line height or spacing of text
- most older PDF documents are not fully accessible to screen reader software
- some of our online forms are difficult to navigate using just a keyboard.
- you cannot skip to the main content when using a screen reader
What to do if you cannot access parts of this website:
If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille:
Email: email@example.com (Assistant Clerk)
Call: 01892 664245
We’ll consider your request and get back to you in 10 working days.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website:
We are always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we are not meeting accessibility requirements, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org giving the page title and the nature of the problem.
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Technical information about this website’s accessibility:
Rotherfield Parish Council is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is fully compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard.
Content that’s not within the scope of the accessibility regulations:
PDFs and other documents
Many of our older PDFs and Word documents do not meet accessibility standards – for example, they may not be structured so they’re accessible to a screen reader. This does not meet WCAG 2.1 success criterion 4.1.2 (name, role value).
Some of our PDFs and Word documents are essential to providing our services. For example, we have PDFs with information on how users can access our services, and forms published as Word documents.
Any new PDFs or Word documents we publish will meet accessibility standards.
We do not plan to add captions to live video streams because live video is exempt from meeting the accessibility regulations.
How we tested this website:
This website was last tested on 16th June 2020. The test was carried out by ourselves.
We used this approach to decide on a sample of pages to test with static content, links and pictures
We tested our main website platform, available at www.rotherfieldparishcouncil.co.uk
This statement was prepared on 31st August 2020.