- Cllr James Kitchenham (Chair)
- Cllr Adrian Martin (Vice Chair)
- Cllr Robert Harris
- Cllr Louise Henrick
- Cllr Graham Watson-Smith
- Cllr Peter Kember
- Cllr Lucy Buck
- Cllr Norman Wickenden
- Cllr Paul Beach
- Clerk to the Committee – Trevor Thorpe (Parish Clerk)
Parish Council Meeting with Highways, Lighting & Transport Committee – 20th July 2021 – DRAFT Minutes
- To act within the annually agreed budget and expenditure guidelines.
- To monitor street cleaning, public waste bins and litter including monitoring and annually reviewing the litter picker’s contract.
- To maintain and provide bus shelters within the Parish.
- To monitor and raise car parking issues in the Parish with ESCC and/or Sussex Police.
- To support the Parish Speedwatch Team.
- To monitor the network of Rights of Way within the Parish and raise issues with the ESCC Rights of Way Team for action.
- To consult the public and monitor opinion on highways and lighting issues and take action if within the Council’s powers and budget if considered necessary, or raise these issues with ESCC Highways Departmentor other relevant authority.
- To identify potholes and other outstanding maintenance issues to the highway network within the parish, refer them to the Highways Authority, Parish Highways Steward or utility provider and monitor progress.
- To consider and respond to consultation documents relating to highways, transport and lighting issues.
- To monitor the state of grass verges within the Parish and refer action to preserve and maintain them if necessary to the Parish Council and the Highways Authority.
- To monitor trees and hedges adjacent to public highways and other rights of way and take appropriate action or liaise with the Highways Authority, in cases where these are causing obstruction to vehicles, pedestrians or street lighting.
Committee Terms of Reference